Team Lead Business Systems
Wilmar Europe in Rotterdam is a fast growing and international processor and trader in the plant based oleochemicals industry. We are a strong proponent of sustainable growth and are strongly committed to corporate social responsibility and are a pioneer in that field in our industry.
Wilmar Europe's head office, where the trade and commercial activities for Europe are handled, is located at Delftseplein next to the Central Station in Rotterdam.
Due to the expansion of our activities, we are currently looking for a dedicated and motivated: Team Lead Business Systems
This pivotal role is ideal for an IT professional who, after at least 5 years in a SAP-consultancy role, is eager to join an international team that consistently strives to deliver and implement projects and changes, whilst working together and ensuring a good team spirit. In this role you will coordinate and support the Business Application team (4 FTE) on an operational level in day-to-day business. The work will include (but is not limited to) initiating, developing, implementing, supporting, maintaining, and troubleshooting business applications based on business processes/-needs, policies, and tooling, as well as providing support to application users. The Business Applications team explicitly has no access to SAP customizing, which is done by our Consultancy-partner WCS in Indonesia (200-300 SAP consultants). You will be the go-between for the business, the European IT department and Asia, which requires drive, organization-awareness, and dedication.
What a typical day will look like:
- The aim is to first have a proper handover of 1-2 months from the interim Team-lead
- Your focus in the morning will be email-correspondence/Teams-calls with our
IT-partners in Indonesia (WCS) and Singapore (Global HQ), as their time-zone is half a day ahead
- You will check the status of the various projects, actively contribute to those,
support & steer your own project(s) and the Business Application team in the right direction
- Your daily interactions with all layers of the organisation: end-users, key-users,
team-leads, department heads, and management team will lead to additional requests and/or trigger new opportunities to improve the IT set-up (a.o. in SAP)
- You and the team are also responsible for various RPA-projects, the internal e-Learning platform, custom-developed applications for: CRM, LIMS, a non-conformity- and a TankBook-administration-tool, a Truck-Entry application and various integrations between those applications and SAP/logistical partners
- You will also provide application support to our plant in Rozenburg, our office in Barcelona and various home-based colleagues in Italy, Germany, France, and some IT support to various joint ventures
- You will proactively develop your team and improve the maturity/suitability of our
- Coordinate the activities of the business applications team with regards to initiating, developing, implementing, supporting, maintaining, and troubleshooting of business applications
- Lead and coordinate the various projects of the team members in alignment with the IT Manager Europe and global IT management on priorities & (global) standards
- Pro-actively identify areas of improvement on existing processes and their support by IT-applications and related interfaces, mainly SAP-oriented, but also including middleware and satellite systems
- Ensure that applicable business processes are properly identified, standardized, and documented
- Assist in identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving defects, encountered during the various stages of application delivery, and operational use of the applications
- Cooperate with internal stakeholders & 3rd parties to finalize functional design, including the integration of existing or new software-solutions to address the business requirements and training/support of end users, using the applicable tooling
- Perform supportive tasks to ensure the smooth operation of production applications and/or platforms
- Liaise between the Business Applications team and the Infra-team and Wilmar Consultancy Services (SAP-partner in Indonesia)
- Be the main point of contact between Wilmar Asia and Wilmar Europe IT departments with regards to respective processes
- Share and implement best practices where applicable
- Coordinate change requests and deploy processes in cooperation with other process- and application analysts
- Actively support the implementation of and communication about global applications, policies, and procedures
- Lead, develop and contribute to the appraisals of team members to ensure individuals meet the job standards
We are looking for a candidate with:
- A bachelor’s degree (HBO) or equivalent demonstrated previous work experience
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience with SAP (ECC6 and S4HANA) and custom developed applications
- At least 1-2 years team lead and or supervisory experience
- Very good understanding of business processes in a production/trading environment
- Speaking/reading/writing fluently in English, Dutch is highly advantageous
- Able to communicate and interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Ability to see the bigger picture and bring forward innovative ideas to improve the support of business processes by means of IT solutions
- Experience in managing projects
More about Wilmar Europe
Wilmar Europe in Rotterdam and Wilmar Oleochemicals in Rozenburg (Botlek-Rotterdam) together form the Wilmar Europe organization, which in turn is part of Wilmar International. Wilmar International is founded in 1991 and is headquartered in Singapore. Today, Wilmar is a world leader in processing, trading and merchandising oilseeds, edible oils and sugars, specialty fats and oleochemicals, biodiesel and grain. It has more than 500 factories and an extensive distribution network in China, India, Indonesia and some 50 other countries on all continents. Wilmar is a strong proponent of sustainable growth and is strongly committed to corporate social responsibility and is a pioneer in that field in her industry.
Wilmar Europe's head office where the trade and commercial activities for Europe are handled, is based in Rotterdam. In addition, Wilmar Europe has offices in Germany, France, Spain and Italy and joint ventures in Italy, Poland, Switzerland, Ukraine, and the United Kingdom.
Quality, service, and reliability are the cornerstones to Wilmar’s reputation as an international processor and trader in the edible oils and oleochemicals industry. For further information about Wilmar visit our international website wilmar-international.com
We offer you
A dynamic job based in the city centre of Rotterdam within an inspiring team with the opportunity to bring up your ideas. Taking responsibilities and personal development is self-evident within our company. Wilmar Europe offers a good salary and benefits package:
- 30 holidays per year
- 13th month
- Pension scheme paid in full by Wilmar
- Participation in the employer's collective fitness scheme
- Various other insurances paid for by Wilmar
- Partial work from home options
If you wish to be considered for this position, please submit your application online with your curriculum vitae (in English) via werkenbijwilmar.nl
Wilmar Europe is growing significantly and has a demand for ambitious professionals to join our organisation. Employees make the difference; this is the reason why we are always looking for new enthusiastic colleagues who want to be part of our success. Wilmar Europe offers a dynamic and international work environment. We appreciate if our employees take their own initiative and bring in new ideas, next to taking responsibility.
Our European headquarters is in the city centre of Rotterdam near the Central Station.
For recruitment agencies:
We have made a conscious decision to do the recruitment ourselves. Therefore, we kindly ask you to not forward any candidates, as we will not accept their applications.
You will enter data that will be stored in a database. This information will be treated carefully and confidentially. Your data will not be provided to third parties. Based on this data, we can check to what extent it matches vacancies.
By sending the application, you agree that your data will be stored in a database in accordance with the aforementioned conditions.< /p>
We will only use the data for the purposes stated above. You can withdraw consent at any time by contacting us.