Junior Financial Controller
Due to the continuous growth and expansion of our activities, we are currently looking for an ambitious, self-starting and hands-on:
Junior FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
For this role we are looking for someone who is ambitious and will start in in the above position and after gaining experience will step up to take up the position of Financial Controller within our company. In this role you will make part of the Finance Team and are responsible to assist the (Sr.) Financial Controllers in the monthly and yearly closing process, in handling the general ledger for assigned entities, in the execution & preparation of external audits, in maintaining the master data in SAP (vendor, customer and material master data) and in preparing reports.
- Support the month end / year end closing activities:
- Control stock reconciliation
- Review monthly production numbers
- Perform MIGO for catalyst usage in WOC BV (WQ)
- Prepare monthly intercompany recharges
- Maintain standard accrual list for listed annual fees
- Analyse and clear inbound & outbound freight
- Execute clearing for paid broker fees versus reservations in sales contracts
- Assist in external audits.
- Handling the general ledger for assigned entities
- Maintain master data in SAP
- Execute the financial release of blocked shipments to customers after management approval.
- (Co)maintain admin rights at the various banks for authorized employees to prepare and authorize payments.
- Prepare and share periodic reports (i.e. stock reports, Capex spending)
- Assist with testing and implementing new functionalities in SAP
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Bachelor’s Degree (HBO education) in financial accounting/controlling or comparable
- 1-2 years relevant experience in financial accounting, month/year end closing (preferably)
- Experience in reporting
- Knowledge of Dutch GAAP and IFRS (preferably)
- Experience with ERP systems, preferable with SAP
- Be able to communicate in English (verbal and in writing)
- Excellent knowledge of/and skills in Excel
More about Wilmar Europe
Wilmar Europe in Rotterdam and Wilmar Oleochemicals in Rozenburg (Botlek-Rotterdam) together form the Wilmar Europe organization, which in turn is part of Wilmar International. Wilmar International is founded in 1991 and is headquartered in Singapore. Today, Wilmar is a world leader in processing, trading and merchandising oilseeds, edible oils and sugars, specialty fats and oleochemicals, biodiesel and grain. It has more than 500 factories and an extensive distribution network in China, India, Indonesia and some 50 other countries on all continents. Wilmar is a strong proponent of sustainable growth and is strongly committed to corporate social responsibility and is a pioneer in that field in her industry.
Wilmar Europe's head office where the trade and commercial activities for Europe are handled, is based in Rotterdam. In addition, Wilmar Europe has offices in Germany, France, Spain and Italy and joint ventures in Italy, Poland, Switzerland, Ukraine and the United Kingdom.
Quality, service and reliability are the cornerstones to Wilmar’s reputation as an international processor and trader in the edible oils and oleochemicals industry.
We offer you:
A dynamic job based in the city centre of Rotterdam within an inspiring team with the opportunity to bring up your ideas. Taking responsibilities and personal development is self-evident within our company. Wilmar Europe Trading B.V. offers good salary and benefits package:
- 30 holidays per year
- a 13th month,
- a pension scheme paid in full by Wilmar
- participation in the employer's collective fitness scheme and leasebike scheme
- various other insurances paid for by Wilmar
- work from home options
Wilmar Europe is growing significantly and has a demand for ambitious professionals to join our organisation. Employees make the difference; this is the reason why we are always looking for new enthusiastic colleagues who want to be part of our success. Wilmar Europe offers a dynamic and international work environment. We appreciate if our employees take their own initiative and bring in new ideas, next to taking responsibility.
Our European headquarters is in the city centre of Rotterdam near the Central Station.
For recruitment agencies:
We have made a conscious decision to do the recruitment ourselves. Therefore, we kindly ask you to not forward any candidates, as we will not accept their applications.
You will enter data that will be stored in a database. This information will be treated carefully and confidentially. Your data will not be provided to third parties. Based on this data, we can check to what extent it matches vacancies.
By sending the application, you agree that your data will be stored in a database in accordance with the aforementioned conditions.< /p>
We will only use the data for the purposes stated above. You can withdraw consent at any time by contacting us.