For our modern factory we are currently looking for a self-starting and hands-on:
In this position you will lead the production team (+/- 25 FTE) in safely operating and optimizing the production & truck loadings process in compliance with applicable rules, regulations and company’s policies. This includes regular operations, plant stops and emergency response situations. In this role you will report to the Plant Manager.
The position is based on our factory in Rozenburg (Botlek-Rotterdam).
- Assure Process Safety Management (PSM).
- Manage, monitor and improve all operational processes (e.g. logistics, production, lab, work permit management, blend/pump plans, quality, waste management, etc.) in compliance with applicable rules and regulations and company’s policies.
- Organize, manage and monitor Plant effectiveness, Plant efficiency and Plant improvement.
- Assure emergency preparedness / Coordinate (lead) in case of an emergency (EMCO and COPI).
- Manage production stops, (industrial cleaning, catalyst change, plant start, commissioning, etc.).
- Oversee receipt, handling, storage and use of all Dangerous Goods on-site.
- Assure document control related to all operational processes.
- Play an active role regarding audits, inspections, incident investigations and management reviews.
- Manage, develop and appraise the direct reports (7).
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering i.e. Chemical technology/engineering or comparable
- At least 5 years’ experience in a supervising role in the Oleochemicals / Petrochemicals field
- In possession of well-developed managerial and communication skills
- 6 sigma green belt preferred
- Well-developed knowledge of Safety, Health and Environmental Laws and Guidelines
- Well-practiced in Dutch and English language
Wilmar Europe in Rotterdam and Wilmar Oleochemicals in Rozenburg (Botlek-Rotterdam) together form the Wilmar Europe organization, which in turn is part of Wilmar International. Wilmar International was founded in 1991 and is headquartered in Singapore. Today, Wilmar is a world leader in processing and trading oilseeds, refining edible oils and sugars, producing specialty fats and oleo chemicals, biodiesel and fertilizers, and processing grain. It has more than 500 factories and an extensive distribution network in China, India, Indonesia and some 50 other countries on all continents. Wilmar is a strong proponent of sustainable growth and is strongly committed to corporate social responsibility and is a pioneer in that field in her industry.
The Rozenburg plant was started in 2014 and produces vegetable fatty alcohols and derivatives by hydrogenation of methyl esters. The fatty alcohols are used as a raw material for surfactant components mainly used in detergents and household & personal care products. Our factory is currently being expanded with a new tank farm for the storage of basic oleochemicals. Later this year, this tank park will be delivered ready for use, including a second truck loading station.
Wilmar Europe's head office is located at Delftseplein next to the Central Station in Rotterdam. In addition to the office in Rotterdam, Wilmar Europe has offices in Germany, France, Spain and Italy and joint ventures in Italy, Poland, Switzerland, Ukraine and the United Kingdom.
Quality, service, and reliability are the cornerstones to Wilmar’s reputation as an international processor and trader in the edible oils and oleochemicals industry. For further information about Wilmar visit our international website wilmar-international.com
We offer you:
A dynamic job based in the city centre of Rotterdam within an inspiring team with the opportunity to bring up your ideas. Taking responsibilities and personal development is self-evident within our company. Wilmar Europe Trading B.V. offers good salary and benefits package:
- 30 holidays per year
- 13th month
- A pension scheme paid in full by Wilmar
- Participation in the employer's collective fitness scheme and health insurance
- Various other insurances paid for by Wilmar
- Partial work from home options
Wilmar Europe is growing significantly and has a demand for ambitious professionals to join our organisation. Employees make the difference; this is the reason why we are always looking for new enthusiastic colleagues who want to be part of our success. Wilmar Europe offers a dynamic and international work environment. We appreciate if our employees take their own initiative and bring in new ideas, next to taking responsibility.
Our European headquarters is in the city centre of Rotterdam near the Central Station.
For recruitment agencies:
We have made a conscious decision to do the recruitment ourselves. Therefore, we kindly ask you to not forward any candidates, as we will not accept their applications.
You will enter data that will be stored in a database. This information will be treated carefully and confidentially. Your data will not be provided to third parties. Based on this data, we can check to what extent it matches vacancies.
By sending the application, you agree that your data will be stored in a database in accordance with the aforementioned conditions.< /p>
We will only use the data for the purposes stated above. You can withdraw consent at any time by contacting us.